Another good product you can make and sell on Etsy is dog shampoo. Commercially made dog shampoos have ingredients that we can’t even pronounce, and we’re not really sure if some of those ingredients are really safe. These all-natural dog shampoo recipes won’t irritate a dog’s skin and they are going to smell amazing too!
Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
Oatmeal shampoo is also known as gentle shampoo and it is great for the dog’s fur and skin. It helps moisturize, relieve itchiness, and leave their coat looking amazing!
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked (don’t use instant oats)
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 4 cups of water
- Frying pan
- Jar for storage
- Steep the sprigs of rosemary and water together in a pan for 15 minutes over low heat. This will infuse the water with oils from the rosemary. Rosemary oil helps in moisturizing dry skin.
- When done, remove the rosemary.
- Mill the oats in the blender until it’s fine like flour.
- Mix the baking soda with the oats.
- Turn the blender on in its lowest setting and slowly pour the rosemary-infused water. Make sure that they are mixed together well.
6. Transfer the mixture to a glass storage container.
Anti-Flea Natural Dog Shampoo
Unlike commercially produced anti-flea shampoos, this is way safer. You can even use it on puppies. It’s super easy to make as well. However, the vinegar in this recipe might leave a vinegar scent, so you can add 10 drops of pure essential oil to the recipe. You can use Lemongrass, Lavender, Cedarwood, or Rosemary.
- ½ cup of water
- 1/3 cup of natural dishwashing liquid
- ¼ cup of distilled white vinegar
- Soap dispenser with a pump
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Pour the vinegar, dish liquid, and water into the soap dispenser.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil. (optional)
3. Shake the mixture well.
Dry Dog Shampoo
Using dry shampoos is a convenient way to keep dogs clean. This dry shampoo will help remove odor and moisturize their fur.
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 3-4 drops lavender essential oil
Mix all ingredients and funnel them into a jar container.
Dog Shampoo for Dry Skin
A dog’s skin can be dry as well. Here’s a shampoo recipe for it. This will leave a dog’s skin moisturized to get rid of dry, flaky skin.
- ½ cup warm distilled water
- 3 tablespoons pure castile soap
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 20-25 drops essential oil (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in an empty container and shake well.
Dog Shampoo of Itchy or Sensitive Skin
When a dog’s skin is itchy, it can be a problem. Constant scratching may make a dog’s skin to get bruised and getting an infection from it is possible.
- ½ cup vegetable-based liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3-4 drops essential oil
Pour all the ingredients into an empty bottle then add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Shake it well to make the solution homogenous.
Note: When you’re using essential oils, make sure they are pure and organic. The best essential oils to use for dogs are lavender, rosemary, and peppermint.