The ever-rising technology paved the way for digital artists. Instead of creating artwork with acrylic, oil, pencil, charcoal, or other traditional art tools, digital artists work with hi-tech tools for their artworks.
If you’re an artist that wants to sell your digital artwork, you will need a reliable printer. Sure, you can sell your work through digital download, but not all customers have a good printer to print your artworks. They would want to buy them as art prints to hang on their walls.
Choosing a suitable printer for your digital artworks can be overwhelming because there are so many of them in the market. We are here to help ease that burden so you can choose what printer is best for you.
Epson SureColor P800 Inkjet Printer
The Epson SUreColor P800 provides amazing results for art prints. You can expect sharp prints and vivid colors from this printer. It has an excellent pigment-based UltraChrome HD Ink Technology with its advanced MicroPiezo AMC print head that results in vibrant and vivid colors because of its ink-repelling technology. It is a cost-effective printer and can produce up to 17-inch wide prints.
- Lasting prints
- Can handle a large number of sheets
- Large paper handling capacity
- Roll-based media can be used
- Produces exceptional monochromatic prints
- Compatible with a wide variety of software and operating systems.
- Using thick paper can be daunting
Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wide-Format Printer
If you are looking for a wide format printer that is budget-friendly, the Expression Photo HD XP-15000 is a great choice. It provides professional-quality print for your artworks. It has an Individual 6-color Claria Photo HD Ink that contains red and gray inks for enhanced monochromatic prints and ultra-wide color range. It is ideal for artists because it can accommodate a range of paper finishes.
- Vibrant and vivid output
- Auto duplex printing
- Has a paper handling capacity of up to 200 sheets
- Renders borderless color images in less than 30 seconds
- Can work with several paper sizes
- Not everyone would enjoy its Amazon dash feature used to replenish low ink
- Some users find it inconvenient loading specialty media like cardstock via the rear tray
- Running cost is higher than its competitors
HP Envy Photo 7855 Photo Printer
If your print medium is photo paper, the HP Envy Photo 7855 can deliver well saturated, vivid, and vibrant colors. It is an all-in-one multipurpose printer that uses a dual cartridge system where the print head is assembled into the cartridge.
- It doesn’t require a bridge device. You can print directly using a USB device or SD cards.
- Compatible with a range of media sizes
- Has several connectivity options
- Voice-activated printing capabilities
- Setting up is effortless and quick
- Doesn’t have a large paper capacity
- Doesn’t support other paper media and photo print outside the regular size
- Not ideal for printing large volumes
Canon Pixma iX6820
The Canon Pixma iX6820 offers an impressive 9600×2400 dpi. It will bring your art to life. It can produce 11×17 to 13×19-inch art prints. It has 5 individual inks that will add lifelike and amazing colors to any artwork. It also comes with downloadable Solution Templates so you won’t have to worry about creating spreadsheets or documents from scratch. Its wireless connectivity allows you to print from any device at any place.
- Works quietly
- High resolution
- Supports wireless connectivity
- No copying or scanning functions
- Detecting wireless networks can be a problem
- Not easy to set up
Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 EcoTank
The Epson Expression Premium ET-7750 produces vivid professional quality art prints and uses its tank efficiently. It comes with a special 5-color refillable ink tank system. The initial cost of this printer might have you taken aback but it’s worth it.
- Can handle a variety of print media sizes
- Can print up to 17 inches without compromising resolution
- Can use media up to 23mm thick
- Cost-effective because of its large eco tank ink system
- It’s bulky and heavy and will require a large amount of space.
- Absence of an automatic document feeder
- Lacks near field communication connectivity
Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Photo Printer
The Canon PIXMA PRO-100 is the best mix of value and quality. It uses FINE technology and 8 individual dye-based inks that are top-notch. The color quality and gradient are outstanding and quality is assured whether you’re doing monochromatic or colored prints.
- Can use a range of media sizes up to 13×19 inches
- Exceptional black and white prints
- Can automatically determine which color combinations work best with the Image Generating System.
- You cannot use other kinds of inks.
- Prone to fading because it’s dye-based
- Doesn’t support Linux based software