You are at a point where you’ve decided on what niche you’ll be selling on Etsy. What’s next? Finding your target market.
A crucial step to becoming successful on Etsy is to determine who you should target. You should know your customers to determine who will benefit from your products best.
What is a buyer persona? It is an imaginary customer that you create which can include a name, their age, demographics, values, problems, goals, and activities.
Yes, I know. It may seem silly at the beginning BUT it’s going to help you recognize who your target customers are. You will also determine how your products can help solve their problem, whatever it is.
You must figure out how they think, and what they want to solve by purchasing your products or services.
Once you get through all the important information, you can then tap into your target customers’ beliefs and emotions through your branding.
The fact that your customers can relate to your branding because of the similarity in beliefs will make them your devoted followers.
When you’ve managed to create different buyer personas, it will be easier for you to think of more ways to connect with them and keep them loyal to your brand.
To create your buyer personas you can follow these steps:
1. Find Out Where You Can Find Your Target Market
This is where your target market usually hangs out. Find out where and observe them. Take note of similarities, general characteristics, common abbreviations.
Here are some good places to look for your target customers:
- Social media platforms
- Groups or forums relevant to your business
- Family and friends
2. Who are Your Customers?
After observing your target audience, you can now create a profile for your “imaginary” customer.
You can have fun with it. However, you have to make sure your answers are based on real insight.
You can include the following information:
- Name, age, job title, family status
- Their goals and what they have to do to achieve them. You can also include the obstacles they experience while reaching for their goals.
- Their struggles and frustrations, setbacks they already faced. What would help them to achieve their goals?
- What social media platform they always use or favorite websites. Are they subscribed to blogs?
- A short bio of your customer.
3. Think of Ways You Can Help Your Customers
Now that you know who your customers are, it will be easier for you to determine ways to help them using your products.
You will be able to know what products they need, how they talk, how they think, how much they are willing to spend, objections, goals, values, and more.
Just remember, if you can help people using your business, it will be a success.